Seller protection- what happens if I send item but don’t get paid

Nayeem940
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal emailed me saying that the payments on hold til they get the tracking info. I Do that. Does PayPal reimburse me?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Nayeem940
Contributor
Contributor
So I recently sold an iPhone XS on eBay and the buyer sent me the payment thru PayPal, accounts we’re verified. PayPal and eBay emailed me saying that the payments on hold til I send the product and email them back the tracking info/barcode. So I shipped out the phone, emailed the provided PayPal/eBay email the screen shot of the USPS receipt of the package along with the tracking number and barcode. They send me an email back saying “ Tracking Number Received for an eBay item Thanks for using PayPal. PayPal customer's center received the shipping tracking number from you. We have sent this mail to acknowledge the receipt of your mail and reference code included and to make you aware that your money is being processed to be credited after a thorough verification of the reference number you have given to us. We noticed that the item was shipped via USPS, hence we need more time to complete our shipment verification. Nevertheless, please allow a maximum of 12 Hours of verification, and you shall receive a mail from us confirming that your money has been credited into your PayPal account. Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Shipping Address® Lola Smith 15, College Road City; Festac, Lagos State, 102312 Nigeria. Shipping Details Mailing Date: December 11, 2019 Shipper: USPS Tracking Number: Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Shipping: Shipped! Thank you for being an esteemed member! We hope to serve you better. PayPal So after a day payment still not available and a few days later I get another email saying that the person who bought my item wasn’t verified and basically the accounts not legit so do not send the product out. Which had me very upset, kind of mad too because they’ve said the payments on hold so I don’t know why I didn’t receive it still. Anything like this happen to anyone before? If so what do I do!?? Please help as it’s $730 dollars which isn’t no little money. I paid 1200 for this iPhone to brand new and you know how expensive Apple is now and days. Please eBay/PayPal help! I sold thru eBay before never had this problem. Got paid too. But in this type of Situation does eBay or PayPal reimburse me for the loss?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nayeem940 

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nayeem940
Contributor
Contributor
So what happens now? I didn’t know, the email I got looked legit and said that I’m cover by eBay/PayPal protection and that my funds is just on hold? Do I not get reimbursed by eBay or PayPal due to their lack of security in payments !?
Login to Me Too

Christinary
Nothing happens now. You've lost the money. PayPal offers you no protection here as you've not used PayPal. The email sent to you was fake, not from PayPal. Their security procedures have nothing to do with it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.