Seller protection my **bleep**

Circle_D
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer purchased many items on our website including a radiator. The items were shipped and received. I get a message from our customer stating the radiator does not fit. I message back I'm happy to refund the item if you ship it back. He states he will not pay the return shipping. Our website has detailed pictures, measurements and dimensions. We sent the exact radiator he purchased, clearly he purchased the wrong item. I might be old school, if I stuff up I own up and pay the consequences. Obviously this guy is not that way inclined. Instead he lodged a dispute with PayPal. I replied to PayPal with detailed information including the fact that he had purchased the wrong item. I get an email from PayPal saying they are going to refund him the full amount of all the items, $260 odd more than the radiator itself.  I call PayPal, the operator says oh yes they should have read that. I arrange with the operator I will refund the value of radiator once I receive it back. The conversation was left with the understanding I will notify PayPal once I receive the item then a refund would be processed. The next day I receive another email from PayPal stating they have refunded the value of the radiator. I again phone PayPal - blunt answer - tough, the refund has been processed. So now I am out out pocket one radiator and $455, the customer has a radiator for free. We were receiving on average $10,000 per month with PayPal and also using the account balance to pay Australia Post and other expenses. Since that day I have disabled the PayPal payment option on our website, I will not be put in this situation again. In hindsight, it was a blessing in disguise. This forced me to install both eWAY and MIGS portals on our website. The fees are way lower than PayPal. eWAY 1.9% for national and international sales compared to PayPal 2.6% national and 3.6% international. MIGS 0.9% plus $40 per month. PayPal it is your loss - you need to get your act together and support the business that pay you, they are your bread and butter. You should play fair for both the seller and the buyer. You are a bank, a bank should be trustworthy. Trust is earned not given.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Circle_D 

Paypal is not a bank.

However sounds as if it worked out for the best for you with your other payment processor   😁

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Circle_D
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my apologies. As an 'advisor', is that the only response you can constructively add?

Let's dot the i's, cross the t's and peruse the similarities. PayPal hold funds, charge fees and offers loans, similar to a bank. Regardless a 'financial counterpart' should be trustworthy. PayPal you are fired.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Circle_D 

Sorry I bothered to respond then.

I was only stating it was not a bank in case others read this and thought it was, personally I couldn't care less what you call it.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Circle_D
Contributor
Contributor

Oh the Payapal attitude is shining brightly today 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Circle_D 

Aw bless, lost a dispute and having a tantrum.  🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.