Seller protection doesn't work anymore!

L575
Contributor
Contributor

After 1,5 weeks of purchase buyer opened a dispute that he didn't receive an order (international standard shipping).

Buyer and PayPal were provided with tracking info, and it was showing that order moves fast and soon should be in his place.

When a parcel came to his local post office, I've sent him an e-mail with happy news.

Buyer replied  - OK.

I should have seller protection under this transaction.

Tracking info shows that parcel long time is waiting to pick up.

Today PayPal gave my money to this buyer.

I don't have money now, and I don't have a product. WOW!

Seller protection doesn't work anymore!

Anybody knows why?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@L575 

PayPal Seller Protection is not guaranteed. PayPal never claim this. It is only certain conditions there is protection. For item not received, the tracking info has to say "delivered" and buyer claim it's not delivered, then you are protected.  How is it going to protect you when the customer don't not have item and tracking don't say "delivered"?  Probably customs fees was due and buyer is not in big hurry to pick up. As soon as the tracking say delivered, you can reopen the case. That's how it works. If item is returned to you at least the item is returned to you. Not best but could be worse.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

L575
Contributor
Contributor

According shop rules item consider delivered while it arrived at local buyer's post office.

Buyer can't cancel an order with not picking up it from the post office.

It was delivered to correct post office with buyer's address. Buyer was provided with an e-mail that parcel is waiting to pick up.

Before, few years ago, PayPal in these cases took seller's side.

Now it changed.

How it is possible that seller left without money and without a product?

It looks like a robbery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.