Seller information

Willy441
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase online for a swimming pool.  When I got my paypal receipt the only reference was a payment to "Gangtou".  No address, contact number, etc.  Anyone have any experience with this

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Temp20201214bd
Contributor
Contributor
I've been searching the internet for more information on Gangtou but I can find anything except for a city in China. I really hope this isn't a scam but that's how I'm feeling.
Login to Me Too

Lisasheffield
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me, bought same item and charged by same PayPal account. Tried to contact phone number on website I purchased from but it is no longer in service.
Login to Me Too

zumi11
New Community Member

Same here, unfortunately. I had been following the shipping info on the Shop app and even that has disappeared along with the website. I have disputed the transaction so I hope PayPal can help us out with a refund.

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

nelruys
Contributor
Contributor
I disputed it as well. They denied my claim saying they have been in contact with the merchant. I appealed and asked how were they in contact. I too, tried both emails and the phone number with no response.
Login to Me Too

Khunt35
New Community Member

anyone have any resolution to this? same thing happened to me yesterday.

Login to Me Too

Alikat86
New Community Member
I also made a purchase yesterday and I’m in the same boat as everybody else. Definitely worried.
Login to Me Too

AlyBallard
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Ordered a outdoor camping chair on June 10th. Money was deducted from my checking account through PayPal and now I can’t find a website or any information about this “company”.
Login to Me Too

BritniC20
New Community Member
I am in the same position
Login to Me Too

PrincesDi
Contributor
Contributor
Gangtou is a scam I called the FTC and reported them after I ordered a pool off of heyferrynow.com and had to go to my bank and get my 66 dollars back.K became suspicious after I didnt receive a tracking numberAnd the phone number and email was not legit
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.