Seller Protection

coinex
Contributor
Contributor

I have accepted a payment from a buyer and it was paid to me as Goods and Services. I understand that this provides protection to the seller and cannot argue with his desire to be protected.

I am now preparing to send him some quite high value items by international tracked postage and wondering what protection I would have as a seller if, for example, he claimed once the packs were received that there were less items than stated, or if some had been removed in transit. 

Thanks for any insight

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coinex 

Firstly you are not allowed to accept friends/family payments for selling, if you do then you risk your account being limited.

So your buyer used the correct option of goods/services.

Secondly be very careful if its a high priced item as seller protection is not a 100% coverall so you need to read up on it in paypals user agreement so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@coinex 

Firstly you are not allowed to accept friends/family payments for selling, if you do then you risk your account being limited.

So your buyer used the correct option of goods/services.

Secondly be very careful if its a high priced item as seller protection is not a 100% coverall so you need to read up on it in paypals user agreement so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.