Seller Protection not honored

topsecretinc
New Community Member

Hi all so its been a frustrating time recently. There was a customer that purchased an item from me in March 2018, the item was shipped UPS with signature required. The customer then in May 2018 started a chargeback for unauthorized transaction. When i got that message from Paypal it shows in the resolution center that no response is required from me so i left it as is as the tracking numbers and proof of delivery was valid. So a couple of months pass by and i still see it in the resolution center, then all of a sudden one night i got a message from paypal stating that the buyer has been granted the refund! They stated that the reason is that the tracking information is not valid....I went on my own investigation and saw that UPS archieves all tracking information after 90 days! So now i'm out of luck. Paypal has refunded the buyer, i'm out of $840.00 and as well as the cost of the item that i paid to my vendor. I contacted paypal customer support and asked why and they simply said my tracking was not valid. So therefore i requested a delivery confirmation from UPS sent it to them and i've been receiving nothing by automated messages. OMG this is frustrating!!! This is simply a paypal error and now i'm not covered in any way even though it shows clearly on my account that all information was valid and i was eligible for for seller protection. This is sooo bad, i'm so disappointed in Paypal for this. Has anyone have the same situation happen to them? I have attempted many times to contact the buyer but there is not replies or answers, I'm already contacting law enforcement to report him for stolen property. But either way this is a Paypal Problem and issue either way!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

review Paypal seller protection for Unauthorised transaction-

you only need to prove you have shipped,not necessarily delivered or signed for to the address in the Paypal payment notice.

can you appeal and upload the UPS papers.

Also call UPS to  get a copy ,look into your UPS account and see what you can use as proof you have shipped to that address.thats all you need,whether it is delivered or not,does no matter   

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

since customer can file chargeback with cc issuer and dispute with PAYPAL in 180 days,it is not a bad idea to make a copy showing tracking and signature,with USPS,same thing,they don't keep tracking forever. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.