Seller Protection for return item

tazz27
Contributor
Contributor

So I recently received a dispute. Buyer wanted me to refund his money back first and he will refund me my money back. I talked to an paypal agent today and she told me per paypal policy, buyer will need to send the item back with tracking before the money will be refunded.

I just want to know if this is true and where does it states in paypal policy saying that buyer need to ship back the item first before seller refund the money??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tazz27 

Click "Legal" at the bottom of page, select your country, click PayPal User agreement and look for the Seller Protection terms (AND Buyer Protection terms as they also apply to you based on the country where the buyer is located).

The rep is correct, generally for Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) claims, sellers are not protected and are to accept a return before refunding buyer if buyer wins case. PayPal's system facilitates the return. Buyer pays to send item back and is asked for a tracking number for proof of delivery and once shipping is verified as delivered, PayPal issues a refund to buyer. If buyer doesn't have the package in the mail system and provide tracking number in x amount of days, PayPal rules against them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tazz27
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! I have a buyer who refused to send me my item back and demanded I refund him his money first.... at first I tried to make buy doing half refund now and half refund later when I receive the item and he refused. Luckily he refused. I think I’m getting scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.