Sell item to buyer

cantquitshawn8
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to sell an item to a buyer! I wanted to know if I got scammed. I keep getting emails of how I need to be paying for fees and how I pay for them I pay amazon gift cards and iTunes gift cards. The buyer keeps telling me I need to just pay off those feee until I get the money he owes me for the laptop and someone picking it up like I don’t know UPS. I want to know if those PayPal emails are real that they keep sending me to pay for fees. Apparently the person Richard Wilson a PayPal Representive will answer my questions through email if I have any issues. My problem is when will I get my money for what the guy owes me and did I get scammed?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi cantquitshawn8, 

Welcome 🙂 

If someone has sent you a payment you should be seeing this payment on your PayPal account.  If you are not seeing this payment on your PayPal account then please do not ship the item. As I cannot see the emails I cannot confirm if they are not from us but from reading what you have written it does not sound like the type of emails we would send. Please send them to spoof@paypal.com so they can be looked in to for you. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.