Scammed

Sarahrachel822
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! So I listed an iPhone X on EBay for sale. I got a buyer for $850, and immediately it seemed off but I trusted the emails from “PayPal”. The emails said I had to send the tracking information to an email address for verification before they would release my funds. Well, fast forward two days. Side note: I’m a broke college student. The shipping was $50 because it was shipping to Nigeria. I didn’t know any better. I got an email this morning from “PayPal” saying to pay them $400 using amazon gift cards in order to get $1350 secured in my account. No! I don’t have that to begin with, but now I’m out $50 and an iPhone X. I don’t know how to contact PayPal and I’m just genuinely at a loss. The guy told me he was a military guy stationed in Africa. I chose to believe it. Now I want my money, it’s stupid and I need my money...
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Sarahrachel822,

Depending on how you shipped the item, you may be able to cancel the shipment and have the phone returned to you. You need to contact them as soon as possible to hopefully stop shipment before it leaves the country. For more information, please visit How to recognize common scams when selling

I hope this helps and thank you. 

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.