Scammed by selling

Artjoms11
New Community Member
I will never be using PayPal ever again, and recommend not to sell with PayPal as I sold my iPhone XR to a person on Facebook and used PayPal, so before sending the phone listed all the problems that the phone has and the person that was buying it was happy, when receiving the phone the person started listing problems that didn’t exist, me bing nice we arranged that I will bank him £50 back so we dodge the PayPal fees, so a week later the person opens a case on me saying I sold an item not as described, so I provided all proof and PayPal were not having it so I said send me my phone back and I will give the person a refund even tho I am already £50 down as I sent him cash but anyway.... the phone arrives .... not the same phone and it doesn’t work, provided all the proof yet again to PayPal and the case ended up closing to the buyers favour and now I am £50 down and I have to pay back full refund and also never got my phone back, PayPal at its finest
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Artjoms11 

Not sure its paypals fault that you went against their advice and refunded 'outside' of the paypal venue.

And again as paypal does not see what you sent to the buyer OR what the buyer returned then its always one persons word against anothers.

Buyer could say item was misdescribed, you could say wrong item returned, how does paypal know who is telling the truth?

So if you have an issue with the buyer and enough proof then take them to the small claims court.

Paypal is not an insurance policy, so if you find selling a high cost item too much of a risk then sell it locally with 'cash on collection'. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.