Scammed by <removed> New Castle, DE <removed>

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item through eBay to this address. About a month later, the person filed a non receipt claim. The USPS tracking information confirms that it was deleivered. I did some research just to see where this addres was and to my surprise, it has been used by scammers dating back to 2014. What is PayPal doing about this? 

So okay. I got scammed. Does PayPal have my back? Nope. After providing proof of shipping, even pictures of the parcel before i shipped it, the scammer won the case. I even provided links to many sites that confirms this such as <removed> and <removed>

To make matters worse, PayPal won't even let me appeal the decision.  I keep getting the following error "You did not enter a Tracking Number. Please enter a Tracking Number and then click Save".  It won't even let me remove the tracking. I feel helpless at this point. 

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

linhofbiker
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to print a shipping label got the response that the postal code was invalid or missing.

Found it to be this scam and have refunded the payment and relisted.

This was for a $10 camera!!!!!

Login to Me Too

pathfinder1
New Community Member

Did you report this user? Someone from this address also bought some clothing from you and I'm wondering how to proceed.

Login to Me Too

fuglee
Contributor
Contributor

@MervinsOnlineID @tkoromah @linhofbiker @Javarun 

Why did Paypal remove the address? I have a sale going to the same city and zip code. The buyer is constantly asking me on shipping status. I suspect it is the same scammer. Google maps shows warehouses as the closest thing. Can anyone confirm the address?

<Removed>

North

<Removed>

Ste 2, # <Removed>

Login to Me Too

tkoromah
Contributor
Contributor

It’s a scam. Please do not send items or money to this location. Please, please, please!!!

Login to Me Too

tkoromah
Contributor
Contributor

To save yourself from the headache, please cancel any sale you have with this person!!! I’ve almost sent a very expensive item. The location is fake!

Login to Me Too

fuglee
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the quick response. Curse paypal for removing the address so quickly. Further research shows the address is registered to a company called ShipToBox under the BBB. This scam has been used with different addresses but this seems like a new address, all in New Castle, DE.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.