Scammed by <removed> New Castle, DE <removed>

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item through eBay to this address. About a month later, the person filed a non receipt claim. The USPS tracking information confirms that it was deleivered. I did some research just to see where this addres was and to my surprise, it has been used by scammers dating back to 2014. What is PayPal doing about this? 

So okay. I got scammed. Does PayPal have my back? Nope. After providing proof of shipping, even pictures of the parcel before i shipped it, the scammer won the case. I even provided links to many sites that confirms this such as <removed> and <removed>

To make matters worse, PayPal won't even let me appeal the decision.  I keep getting the following error "You did not enter a Tracking Number. Please enter a Tracking Number and then click Save".  It won't even let me remove the tracking. I feel helpless at this point. 

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

TechnoViking
New Community Member

Hi,

just got used electronic item purchased from simmilar address. Checked address on google and found this this post about scammers from Ukraine or Georgia. I have tried to contact buyer after the purchase , offering to send item directly to his country - but no response... I think they are trying to scam me.

<removed>

I think they are using this PO box platform. Not sure if i want to take risks and send my item there.

https://www.usa2georgia.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/58/11/what-will-my-us-addr...

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you refuse the package,you forefeit your seller protection.

refusing means you dont want it back,Ebay will refund him and let him keep the package/

the best you can do is to accept and then tell Ebay it is an empty envelope and you cannot refund/  

Login to Me Too

exlineauto
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me in the Fall of 2017.  Same address.  Except it was through my online store.  Over $5k of product over 3 transactions.  PayPal definitely doesn't look out for the business.  Provided them tracking numbers showing delivered and accepted, copies of emails with buyer, name, address, phone number but was still "found in favor of the buyer". PayPal is a joke and their representative proved it with her final words to me "Just part of doing business".  No ma'am, it's not.  It's just part of doing business with PayPal.

George <removed>

Exline Automotive/Off-Road

Login to Me Too

2pick4u

It sucks, he got me too. 

Login to Me Too

db33540
New Community Member

just shipped a item to this address last month,today got message from this guy complaint about the laser level in bad condition,haven't ask for return yet,definitely will cancel the order if I knew it.

Login to Me Too

Ggoldscreening
Contributor
Contributor

Folks, the address in question is a RESHIPPING SERVICE.

People in foreign countries USUALLY use these as an in-between in order to have a U.S. based address.

The digits that you see on the second line of the address - usually 6 digits followed by a "U" - are their "unit number".

So you ship the package to this address, and then they pay the company a monthly fee to forward the packages to another country. Usually Russia/The Ukraine.

Here's the easy way to win a case if someone files against you using this or any other reshipping address:

Call paypal or ebay and tell them that you have evidence this is a reshipping company. That your package was successfully delivered to the address on file, at which point *A THIRD PARTY TOOK POSSESSION OF YOUR PACKAGE*, at which point you stopped being liable for anything that happened to it.

A successful delivery was made to the address you were given, and then a third party intervened. You have NO CONTROL over whether or not the package was handled properly between the third party and the buyer, and ebay's own rules say you cannot be held responsible.

You will ALWAYS WIN when you point this out. Chances are the paypal address on file also does not match the shipping address, which further proves this is an international buyer. More proof includes how long it takes for your package to get to them.

The scam is usually that they write you and say there is something slightly wrong with what you sent, and they want you to give them a partial refund from what they paid. That way they can sell the item, possibly for parts, and make a higher profit. Sometimes they will outright open a claim.

I consider these addresses an easy win, because I know right away that they are reshippers, and again,  on the few times someone has tried to scam me, all I had to do was call ebay and point out that the package was successfully delivered to a third party at which point someone else took possession of the item and that I cannot be held responsible for what happened after that.

Login to Me Too

temp20181030a
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks this guy is at it again, Sad thing is PayPal does not keep the names and addresse here because they use the same names
Ebay purchase, then a claim you did not send the number he paid for and the games start

Same city and zip and warehouse with a Russian name

Login to Me Too

temp20181030a
Contributor
Contributor

Same guy and same address seem to be at it again on Ebay what is Paypal going to do?

The address this buyer uses has been reported for fraud and credit card scams, plus the Russia part makes no sense as I only sell to US addressess Note
I've searched my account and it goes in circles to the useless resolution center, I have a buyer who bought (1) item and insists it was for (2) and wants his money back. I checked his feedback and he has done this before but since Ebay does not give buyers negative feedback people don't notice. I googled the address and found many people have found this address is used for Fraud and stolen credit card puchaces
Appears to be a Russian trade scam address
Buyer used this address
Yuri <removed>
<removed>
<removed>
New Castle, DE <removed>
<removed>

Google shows many people reporting this as a fraud address
<removed>
If you check the Google address many people report fraud and stolen merchanize, this is a huge sign something wrong with the address and buyer as he already is scamed me via 2 ebay auctions and his feedback shows he has done this before to other sellers

Login to Me Too

Javarun
New Community Member

This has happened to me also.  My Company had credit card processing through Paypal. It cost me $30 a month plus fees.  The criminals at <removed> at this address charges expensive products then opens a claim stating unauthorized purchases. I have his signature of delivery by this criminal and still no support by Paypal. I have lost several thousand due to these fraudulent transactions.  Beware of any sales to this address and any mail forwarding service. Also beware that PayPal staff has failed me and others by not backing us even with the proper signature required. Paypal authorizes the transaction, Only Paypal can check the information and yet allow the criminals to work this broken system ultimately stealing from small businesses.  The people at this address should be arrested and Paypal should be ashamed for not backing sellers up who are doing the right thing. 

PAYPAL HAS NOT PROTECTED SELLER!!! DO NOT SHIP TO  <removed>

Login to Me Too

tkoromah
Contributor
Contributor

Thank God I have found this!  It's Sunday night, I am getting ready to print the shipping label for the very expensive purse that was purchased on eBay.  I notice the address was strange.  I googled it and began seeing the New Castle, DE <removed> address was part of a scam.  I knew something wasn't right because I noticed on eBay the buyer's location was in Japan.  I informed the buyer that I ship in the US only.  Then, he emailed me back with this New Castle DE address.  All I can say is "THANK GOD!"  I will contact PayPal tomorrow to refund the money.  Anyone who is reading this...please do not mail anything to this address!!!!  Not today Mr. Sunhee <removed> or whoever you are!!!

sunhee <removed>
<removed>
New Castle DE <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.