Scammed by <removed> New Castle, DE <removed>

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item through eBay to this address. About a month later, the person filed a non receipt claim. The USPS tracking information confirms that it was deleivered. I did some research just to see where this addres was and to my surprise, it has been used by scammers dating back to 2014. What is PayPal doing about this? 

So okay. I got scammed. Does PayPal have my back? Nope. After providing proof of shipping, even pictures of the parcel before i shipped it, the scammer won the case. I even provided links to many sites that confirms this such as <removed> and <removed>

To make matters worse, PayPal won't even let me appeal the decision.  I keep getting the following error "You did not enter a Tracking Number. Please enter a Tracking Number and then click Save".  It won't even let me remove the tracking. I feel helpless at this point. 

paypal.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why dont you call  PAYPAL?

Is it delivered to the address on Paypal payment notice?

Paypal robot usually handles these cases,if you appeal,then a person will get involved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MervinsOnlineID

On one hand you say tracking proves delivery and on the other you say you have proof of posting so which is it?

Normally in the event of an item not received dispute you would win if tracking showed the item as delivered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

USPS tracking confirmed that it was delivered. The tracking number was on record by default because I purchaced the shipping label through eBay. I also provided pictures of the parcel. I usually take pictures of what I sell before shipping them. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

all it takes is online viewable tracking showing it has been delivered to his address,what do you have ?

if $750 or more,signature confirmation

(it sounds like you did upload tracking,so why do you want to remove it?)what kindof tracking is it?

Login to Me Too

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased the shipping label through eBay so both PayPal and eBay has the tracking number by default. USPS confirms that the parcel was delivered. 

Login to Me Too

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

@Whac-A-Mole I mentioned that I wanted to remove it because PayPal's system is not recognizing the tracking information that was there by default. Sorry if I didnt make it clear. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

why dont you call  PAYPAL?

Is it delivered to the address on Paypal payment notice?

Paypal robot usually handles these cases,if you appeal,then a person will get involved.

Login to Me Too

MervinsOnlineID
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Whac-A-Mole Just called PayPal. They will basically reopen the case for me. Something went wrong with the tracking information that they have on file. I was told that they will correct it on their end and I should expect the case to close in my favor since they do see that it was delivered. 

I hope that PayPal continues to look into this deeper. This address has been used many times in the past for similar scams. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yes,I clicked on your link and read many complaints,sounds like the buyer buys parts and then file item not received,he must be using these parts to build PC or laptops and resell them. 

Login to Me Too

centralvapors
Contributor
Contributor

This person just doesnt give up!  Glad I found this discussion when when I googled the address. 

Also found this person at the business address on google with 39 different - 1 star reviews from people who has this same issue.

I received a payment from this fraudulent from this person as well, it wasnt a PayPal payment because they dont let us accept paypal on centralvapors.com but none the less its still the same person with a few new details.

A few details ive moderated just so we dont break any FTC rules on consumer privacy

<removed> 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.