Scammed by buyer using PayPal

ihatefobs
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys please I'm hoping you guys can help or give any advice. My friend was trying to sell shoes. She ended up speaking to this woman and the woman decided to buy them. The woman said that her boyfriend has sent the money and to check the account My friend checked the account and they money was there so she shipped the trainers to the address the woman told her However then she got a complaint and dispute from PayPal saying buyer (boyfriend of the woman) has not received the items etc and to issue a refund. And he provided some screenshots and messages of conversation and they weren't even about the shoes that my friend sold also the conversation wasn't even with my friend but with some other person. So she called PayPal and the rep also suspected a scam and took took the money of hold however now my friend has woken up and seen the alert saying dispute in buyers favour and to refund £300 My friend has all the screenshots and proof that she was misleading to sending the shoes to the girlfriends address which is in Canterbury while the guy who is apparently from Sheffield paid. This is how I'm guessing the scam works but surely if there's proof that they're in it together scamming then PayPal should be able to do something? Please reply any advice or reply appreciated Edit: 1). as my friend was on the phone with PayPal yesterday the woman messaged something like omg we've reported about the wrong account and we'll get it sorted for you. Surely that is so much proof it's a scam as now her display picture is gone and she's not replying to any messages 2). The item meant to be delivered on 28th however everytime royal mail attempted delivery there was no one in to collect however now after the scam his done it's showing as delivered 3). Like mentioned the conversation doesn't even match up with the query etc
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ihatefobs 

For seller protection you have to send the item to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment.

If you don't then you negate your seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.