Scammed and shocked

uzomaihediwa

I sold CAD10,000+ worth of BTC to a buyer. he sent the money to my PayPal account . I confirmed the money was in before I released the BTC to him. PayPal contacted me to say they believed the transaction was not authorized by the user. I sent them his request for the BTC. proof of the name and details of the account holder. proof of my transfer to his account and proof of his acknowledgment of receipt of the BTC. Yet PayPal refunded his money. Now I have lost my BTC and over 10000CAD. It seems PayPal is the most insecure platform to do business and I would definitely be closing my account as soon as I see this to an end. Has this happened to anyone? any pointers?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uzomaihediwa

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, but unfortunately Paypal gives no seller protection for virtual / digital sales.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.