Scam

TeddyBonkers
New Community Member

So, i listed my phone yesterday and within 3 minutes of it being live i received an Message off a buyer with 8 feedback asking if i would sell it for more than what i wanted for it? Confused i checked his account and saw he was in America and straight away i knew what this was.... So i E-mailed back and stated that did he want it shippng abroard etc and then he sends me another long message: v

New message from: *****
Consider it sold to me for £330 and I will add extra £30 for postage through Royal International Signed making a total of £360. I can't handle postage from here at military camp and I want it posted to my cousin in Abroad.

I have not been using ebay for awhile so I can't use the ebay options of Offer, Bid or "Buy it Now". I have to wait 21 days after ebay help restore my account. If you don't mind I will pay through pay_pal if you send a money request then you can post after receiving payment confirmation.

Send the money request through paypal to ********** + outlook + com (change "+" to  "@ and .") Include your ebay username or item number to identify from whom the money request is coming from.
Thanks.

So i obviously know this is a scam, Buy my question is this....let's say i give him my Paypal and he sends over the cash.... what's to stop me from keeping to cash and just blocking him?

Regards,

Tom.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.