Scam?

Kkwc
Contributor
Contributor
I put an ad selling a tv in Hing King someone what app me with a South Africa country code; asking for my pay pal details and said he will pay and take delivery; no questions asked or bargaining; is this a scam please? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kkwc,

Thank you for your post. I understand your trepidation, and you're right to be skeptical. If a person is asking you to ship something heavy to another country with no questions asked, they may potentially be planning to send you a fake email confirmation of payment.

As mentioned by @Sidney08, please check your actual payment history to confirm receipt of the payment before you ship, and make sure that you ship with tracking. Do not let the buyer arrange a pickup with an agent, as that would void your Seller Protection.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

rimecoxe
Contributor
Contributor

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @Kkwc , Good day! I understand your confusion regarding this matter but you have nothing to worry about. You can provide your email address linked to your paypal account for potential buyers of your item. Once the sender/buyer sent you the payment, you will receive notification from PayPal through email and your money will be posted to your PayPal account and that's the time that you can ship the item. If you are still not comfortable to the notification that you may have received, you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com . Thank you for reaching PayPal. I hope I was able to answer your question. Be Safe.
Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @Kkwc , Good day! I understand your confusion regarding this matter but you have nothing to worry about. You can provide your email address linked to your paypal account for potential buyers of your item. Once the sender/buyer sent you the payment, you will receive notification from PayPal through email and your money will be posted to your PayPal account and that's the time that you can ship the item. If you are still not comfortable to the notification that you may have received, you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com Thank you for reaching PayPal. I hope I was able to answer your question. Be Safe.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kkwc,

Thank you for your post. I understand your trepidation, and you're right to be skeptical. If a person is asking you to ship something heavy to another country with no questions asked, they may potentially be planning to send you a fake email confirmation of payment.

As mentioned by @Sidney08, please check your actual payment history to confirm receipt of the payment before you ship, and make sure that you ship with tracking. Do not let the buyer arrange a pickup with an agent, as that would void your Seller Protection.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.