Scam

jonathantaylor1
New Community Member

I have had 45.99 deducted randomly after a sale from a customer. He paid for an item using friends and family as apposed to goods and services and he is trying to scam me out of the 45.99. I have evidence that he bought it and he said i paid for it so there is no mistake. The goods were also sent off as well, i have proof of the postage dated today and his address complies with this as well. I will not be depositing any funds unless a legit reason is provided. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonathantaylor1 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.