Scam

Scale345
Contributor
Contributor

I have an item for sale on gumtree. Someone says they will buy it by PayPal. They said they will send the money plus extra money for a courier to pick up item. They said I would get a n email which I got which was in my spam. It said PayPal has received amount but I would need to send a voucher to the courier before I get the money. Seems wrong to me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scale345 

Yes, it is wrong. Scam. PayPal doesn't ask you to send a voucher, gift card, or give tracking number before you see or receive payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scale345 

Yes, it is wrong. Scam. PayPal doesn't ask you to send a voucher, gift card, or give tracking number before you see or receive payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dachfi
New Community Member

It seems that they have updated their scam - instead of vouchers they now want "Bitcoin" to be used for the courier agent.

Similar to the other incidents I received an email from"PayPal" to confirm payment but that it was being held pending payment confirmation of the overpayment to the courier agent. As soon as I read Bitcoin I knew something was up - checking the email whilst it said PayPal on the surface heading a quick check revealed that it was a gmail account instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.