Scam

Samg80
New Community Member
I sold an item on Facebook marketplace and I haven’t received the payment yet, the item is shipped. They said I needed to send the item and show the label before PayPal would credit my account
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samg80 

That's not how PayPal works. If someone really paid, you will see a record of payment in your account activity, even if it its subject to PayPal's 21 days funds availability hold.

PayPal does not hide a payment from you asking you to ship first and/or provide tracking first or pay a third party with a different payment processor prior to releasing payment to you. That's the scammer sending a fake payment confirmation email to convince you to ship first without paying.

While providing shipping information is helpful in certain seller protection claims and to expedite the release of held funds, it is not required to receive payment into your PayPal account. 

To prevent these kinds of scams, always check your PayPal account for the payment first, don't just believe emails. If you do not see payment, you have not been paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samg80 

That's not how PayPal works. If someone really paid, you will see a record of payment in your account activity, even if it its subject to PayPal's 21 days funds availability hold.

PayPal does not hide a payment from you asking you to ship first and/or provide tracking first or pay a third party with a different payment processor prior to releasing payment to you. That's the scammer sending a fake payment confirmation email to convince you to ship first without paying.

While providing shipping information is helpful in certain seller protection claims and to expedite the release of held funds, it is not required to receive payment into your PayPal account. 

To prevent these kinds of scams, always check your PayPal account for the payment first, don't just believe emails. If you do not see payment, you have not been paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.