Scam text?

Suzanne05
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve just received a text saying: PayPal:You need to accept our new terms and conditions. To avoid suspension please visit: <removed> Do you think this would be a scam? Thanks for your help 😃

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jacquiewade
New Community Member

was yours from +4[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Suzanne05 and @jacquiewade,

I'm sorry to hear that you received suspicious texts. If there's a link in the text message, it's always a good idea to treat the message with caution and assume that it is likely a fake. You can always open a fresh browser window without using any links and type in paypal.com to visit the official site and log in there. If there's any action necessary, your account will have the instructions for you to complete it.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Beckie_deeuk
New Community Member
Can it be explained the fact I only updated my telephone number with PayPal last night and get a text the following night with the scam message?! Is that just a fluke?
Login to Me Too

Aco7
Contributor
Contributor
Same.... Logged into PayPal via browser , couldn’t see anything about the message. Not even sure how they get the mobile number thats associated with it , or whether it’s just luky assumption... but it’s twice now in what 2 months , the other was a fake PayPal email about someone wanting an item on gumtree , so what now there’s Radom idiots sending you text messages , the response you got don’t seem to mind the high level of scamming activity occurring
Login to Me Too

Aco7
Contributor
Contributor
Came from this number - [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]
Login to Me Too

Aco7
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

dropnflip
New Community Member

I've had this twice in 2 days from two different numbers

Login to Me Too

Edinburgher
Contributor
Contributor
Although this text is clearly common PayPal mod answer does not say whether it is a scam or not. Would you send out such a text PayPal? If not then why not state it’s a dcam
Login to Me Too

Ladybirdtwin
Contributor
Contributor

I got this message.....Pal Pal....Just say it is a scam!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.