Scam of Printabel using Paypal on their site.

cmatteson18
New Community Member

When you see the word Paypal you think it is a very legit company. When I received the so called blanket which I paid $80. for & all it is a piece of material with the edges sewed over definitely not worth $80. I thought I could contact Paypal & they would help me but they won't because Printabel is a scam & shows you pictures of items that look really good but when you get the item it is not at all what you expect for the price. I would like to see Paypal only let legitimate companies that will stand behind their products use the Paypal name. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmatteson18 

Do a web search on "Printabel" or "Azcosy" will bring up bad reviews. Always look up the merchant/site/price/product before buying. It's quick and the info is at our fingertips and could save you a lot of headaches.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#disclaimer-warranty

"PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so."

You can dispute but you may end up having to return it for a refund:

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file a Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute.

Return costs are not provided in the dispute.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If you paid with credit card, you can opt for credit card chargeback instead:

Dispute with us or your card issuer

If you used a debit or credit card as the payment method for a transaction through your PayPal account and you are dissatisfied with the transaction, you may be entitled to dispute the transaction with your card issuer. Applicable card chargeback rights may be broader than those available to you under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program. For example, if you dispute a transaction with your card issuer, you may be able to recover amounts you paid for unsatisfactory items even if they don’t qualify for protection under a Significantly Not as Described claim with us.

You must choose whether to pursue a dispute with PayPal under our Purchase Protection program, or to pursue the dispute with your card issuer. You can’t do both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you pursue a dispute/claim with us and you also pursue a dispute for the same transaction with your card issuer, we’ll close your dispute/claim with us. This won’t affect the dispute process with your card issuer. In addition, if you pursue a dispute with your card issuer, you cannot pursue a dispute/claim with us later.

If you choose to dispute a transaction with PayPal and we decide against you, you can seek to pursue the dispute with your card issuer later. If PayPal does not make a final decision on your claim until after your card issuer's deadline for filing a dispute, and because of our delay you recover less than the full amount you would have been entitled to recover from the card issuer, we will reimburse you for the remainder of your loss (minus any amount you have already recovered from the seller or your card issuer).

Before contacting your card issuer or filing a dispute with PayPal, you should contact the seller to attempt to resolve your issue in accordance with the seller’s return policy.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.