Scam Paypal emails received & been scammed

am3388
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

I've posted my Bose Headphones for sale on Gumtree.  Someone replied to offer asking price and delivery fee to post the item to an address in Liverpool. Moreover, the message said I can request him the payment on Paypal and he would make a payment there.

I have received emails from <removed> that payment is in pending from the user whom I requested.

I fell for it and posted the item via Royal mail special delivery. The item was delivered to him and he went silent. No trace of funds in Paypal as the transaction still showed as pending.

Contacted paypal only to be told its fake. Complained this in both Paypal and Action Fraud.

Is there anything else I should have done? I'm feeling stupid to fall for this scam. The product I've posted is worth £142. Is there an option of getting any part of this amount back? Please advise.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@am3388 

Report this to the authorities in Liverpool and your local authorities with the shipping address information you have to try to recover the item from theft. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

am3388
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Can you please elaborate on whom I can contact in Liverpool? Royal mail who delivered the post today?  Will reporting to Action Fraud not deal with this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.