Safe Money refound to buyer (SCAMMER)

vanja5118
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i'm new on PayPal. This is first my sale trough PayPal. I been sold item to buyer on Facebook. He was asking me to send item by post. I already receive the money from buyer on my PayPal (even 20£ more than i asked) Then he's asked me send the item to different address than it is on his PayPal (said his brother partner been paid for it). I feel it is a SCAMMER and i don't want to make any deal with him. Now i only want to cancel this deal ( refund him money and block him ) Please give me advice how can i due it SAFE? And will not get any problem with him in the future. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vanja5118 

1) Find out if the payment is a pending eCheck or not. PayPal shouldn't hold the payment if eCheck has not cleared yet, there's no point in doing that. Click on the payment to see if it say it is a cleared eCheck or not. It should also say OK to ship on it too.

2) If the payment is not an eCheck and has cleared into your account but put on hold by PayPal waiting for you to ship, tell buyer to file a PayPal Item Not Received dispute to get their money back at this page: https://www.paypal.com/disputes/

3) Then issue a refund from within the dispute to use the money held by PayPal to refund instead of charging your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vanja5118
Contributor
Contributor
  • The problem is, this is first time when i'm do a deal trough PayPal, and i'm not really understand how this works... even don't know what is the echeck...
Login to Me Too

vanja5118
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer can get any details of me trough PayPal, like NAME SURNAME and ADDRESS? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @vanja5118,

I'm sorry to hear of the dispute situation you've encountered. The other party in a transaction does see your full name. The only time they see your address when you're the seller is if they have to return an item. In a situation where they're claiming non-receipt, that wouldn't be necessary. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

vanja5118
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you PayPal_Olivia for your answer. I would be very grateful if you could give me any advice what to do now. At the moment i don't do anything, as i don't know what really should i do in this situation...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @vanja5118,

I would not suggest ignoring any messages from PayPal. If you're being directed to respond in the dispute, it is very important to do so before the deadline so the dispute does not close in the favor of the other party. You will have choices in the dispute. If you have not sent the item, the best choice to select is to refund the payment, which can be done through the dispute.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.