SCAMmed for my iPhone

parthp100
New Community Member

So I was selling a iPhone on eBay but then I get a message on eBay from a buyer* saying he's paid and PayPal is holding my funds till I send him the product so I was a little hesitant bcuz EBay didn't say he had paid. I waited and checked my email and It looked like a legit PayPal email saying his account has been reduced of 500$ and they are waiting on my shipping proof. I received a message of him reporting me to the police after I shipped it because I forgot to provide the tracking number and that's why I began to realize what had happened and the next time he contacted me I was confirmed it was a scammer because he threatened to tell the "FBI" if I didn't send the phone and said if I sent this iPhone all 1000$ would be released into my account. I am at a loss of 500$. Due to a email that looked identical to PayPal so Paypal is there anyway you can help me please.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @parthp100

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you and I'm afraid we cannot help in these situations. As no funds have gone through us we have no way of retrieving them or returning them to you. You can try contacting your local police station to see if they can help. 

Going forward, never ship anything out unless you see the funds as completed on your PayPal account. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.