Russian iPhone Shopfans Reshipper Scam

ryansebiz
I am currently fighting a Russian reshipper scam. I sold him my iPhone on eBay and shipped it to his PayPal address.

I've since learned that this is the same address of an international reshipper named Shopfans. They receive items purchased on sites like eBay and Amazon at their Pennsylvania address and ship them to Russia. "We are located at: < Removed >:

The iPhone was delivered to this address via USPS on October 24. Nine days later, on November 2, he opened an "item not received" case, which was closed the same day when I provided the tracking number. On November 3 he opened a second eBay case, saying the item was "not as described" because, he said, it was used, not new. This is not true, as it can clearly be seen in new and sealed condition in the listing photos.

He lost his eBay Money Back Guarantee protection because the iPhone was “shipped to another address after original delivery.”

I'm within the three business days before eBay steps in to resolve the return request. I'm confident I'll win the eBay case but am worried I'll lose a PayPal dispute. Should I:

1. Accept the return now and call his bluff, hoping he doesn't ship it back
  2. Share this info with eBay, hope I win the case and, if a dispute is opened, share this info with PayPal and hope I win that too
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.