Robbed

therealhamze
New Community Member

About a month ago or so I sold my Fornite Account on ebay for £140. Once I received the payment I send the account to the customer and a few days later he tried to refund the money, and I denied it because he received the account and I received the payment. Later on ebay opened up a case resolving this problem and now he got his money back and my Fortnite Account is gone for good. My Balance is around -£140 and I don't really wanna pay the money back, because I have been robbed. I contacted ebay they couldn't help me any further as they told me to contact PayPal. My question is: Is there any resolution to this? I've found out that I will be receiving a letter from PayPal within 21 days but to what address will be that send to? (I have two Primary Address and Billing Address). Also what else will happen other then the phone calls and letters I will be receiving and is there a way to pay a small amount monthly as my income is low. I will ring PayPal tomorrow as well, to try and resolve this. So basically what I'm asking is:

To what address will the letter be sent to?

What else will happen other the letters and emails?

How long until my PayPal account gets banned / closed?

Is there a way to pay them back monthly in a small amount?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@therealhamze wrote:

About a month ago or so I sold my Fornite Account on ebay for £140. Once I received the payment I send the account to the customer and a few days later he tried to refund the money, and I denied it because he received the account and I received the payment. Later on ebay opened up a case resolving this problem and now he got his money back and my Fortnite Account is gone for good. My Balance is around -£140 and I don't really wanna pay the money back, because I have been robbed. I contacted ebay they couldn't help me any further as they told me to contact PayPal. My question is: Is there any resolution to this? I've found out that I will be receiving a letter from PayPal within 21 days but to what address will be that send to? (I have two Primary Address and Billing Address). Also what else will happen other then the phone calls and letters I will be receiving and is there a way to pay a small amount monthly as my income is low. I will ring PayPal tomorrow as well, to try and resolve this. So basically what I'm asking is:

To what address will the letter be sent to?

What else will happen other the letters and emails?

How long until my PayPal account gets banned / closed?

Is there a way to pay them back monthly in a small amount?

Thanks

Unfortunately, selling digital goods are at your own risk as PayPal Seller Protection does not cover intangible goods.

The billing address is associated to a card linked to your Paypal Account and can be set as the primary address too, you can do that in your account settings, click "set as primary", next to billing address. 

In the event you are liable for any amounts owed to PayPal, PayPal may immediately remove such amounts from your Balance (if available). If there are insufficient funds in your Balance to cover your liability, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by using any payments received in your Account and otherwise you agree to reimburse PayPal through other means. PayPal may also recover amounts you owe them through legal means, including, without limitation, through the use of a debt collection agency. Contact customer service to see if an arrangement in installments is possible.

If PayPal needs to suspend, block, limit, close or cancel your right to use your account, they will give you advance notice, as long as the circumstances aren't security based in which such immediate actions will take place.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.