Ridiculous chargeback - complaint

JSykezz
New Community Member
After using PayPal for a while, I have completely lost all faith in this platform and will seriously never be using it again. The customer service is appalling, the amount of times I got ‘transferred’ only to be cut off, and when I did get through to someone they were completely unhelpful and told me incorrect information on what steps to take next. I had a ‘chargeback’ put against me (literally, THE MOST ridiculous feature on this platform) I provided evidence of the transaction going forward (4 pieces of evidence, including conversation, amount of money etc.) AND THEY RULED IN THE BUYERS FAVOUR?! He provided no evidence at all, he even has more negative reviews than positive saying that he sends the money and then opens a chargeback. There are 12 reviews saying this out of 20. I even provided this to PayPal. AND THEY STILL RULED IN HIS FAVOUR. I am literally done with this platform. It is THE worst system I have ever used, incredibly unhelpful, unintuitive, and disgusting code of conduct. If anyone has any idea how I can further dispute this to actually receive MY money, please let me know
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JSykezz 

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute so paypal has nothing to do with it.

A chargeback is done directly via the buyer with their credit card issuer as they must have funded their paypal payment that way.

So the card issuer makes all the decisions and all paypal do is forward on any information on your behalf.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.