Refunds/Withdraws and scams

Pännu
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, i was wondering that if a buyer sends me money and i withdraw it before i give him the thing he bought, can he chargeback/refund his sent money?

If im paranoid and dont trust the buyer, then if the money he sent me and that i've withdrawed already, can be refunded? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pännu 

Yes, buyer can be refunded, even if you withdraw it. If the funds are made available to you, you can withdraw it if you want to but you have to make sure the buyer gets what they paid for too. The buyer is trusting sellers to send them their order because they paid first, that you don't trust buyer is odd here; as long as your transaction is eligible for seller protection and you follow the basic and additional requirements PayPal requires for seller protection and you deliver the goods, there should be no problem even if the buyer files chargeback or dispute. 

Have to read the seller protection program rules for your country and the buyer protection program rules for your buyer based on their location as they apply to you too.

Select your country on this page to get the correct terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full

Note that not all types transactions are covered for example, digits goods and services and sale of vehicles so you have to see if PayPal is the right payment method for your type of transaction before going through with it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pännu 

Yes, buyer can be refunded, even if you withdraw it. If the funds are made available to you, you can withdraw it if you want to but you have to make sure the buyer gets what they paid for too. The buyer is trusting sellers to send them their order because they paid first, that you don't trust buyer is odd here; as long as your transaction is eligible for seller protection and you follow the basic and additional requirements PayPal requires for seller protection and you deliver the goods, there should be no problem even if the buyer files chargeback or dispute. 

Have to read the seller protection program rules for your country and the buyer protection program rules for your buyer based on their location as they apply to you too.

Select your country on this page to get the correct terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full

Note that not all types transactions are covered for example, digits goods and services and sale of vehicles so you have to see if PayPal is the right payment method for your type of transaction before going through with it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.