Refund policy on digital goods - what are the exact terms?

_0zero0_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I just can't find these terms!

What I am specifically interested in: I will offer my customers one 180-day refund, right on my web site, via a click on a button. But only one refund. A customer buys something (it will be software), then in 5 months requests a refund, gets it, fine. Then in a year he again buys, slightly different version. In 5 more months he calls PP (as I won't refund him anymore) and requests a refund again. Will PP grant this second refund request?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_0zero0_ 

Each PayPal transaction is can be dispute within 180 days. So, the second transaction a year later has no baring on the first transaction, the buyer can dispute it.

Please read seller protection, digital goods may not be covered so you may win some and lose some at PayPal's sole discretion. Please click "Legal" at the bottom of the page, select your country, and the Seller protection program can be found in the User Agreement. Note that the buyer protection terms based on buyer location may also apply to you as a seller if seller internationally.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

_0zero0_
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the fast reply! But it makes very little sense to me. Just why any seller would want to accept PP for selling digital goods then? (if every purchase can be refunded)

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_0zero0_ 

Because a) its digital goods, intrinsically, you can have endless copies of it to sell, such as music, pdf's, etc. b) PayPal has millions upon millions of users that you can get access to.

Not every transaction will be refunded. Never heard of that happening. If that is the case then you'll have to question the type of digital good you sell and the kind of clientele you draw, if they're shady like that. If you set up your PayPal integration in a certain way that can provide proof of delivery that PayPal will accept at their discretion, you can be covered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Laurakeksi1
New Community Member
Can I get the money I wasnt suppose to refund that
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.