Refund issued in error

rangers4779
Contributor
Contributor

I unknowingly had a duplicate listing on Ebay which sold (the person thought they were buying 2 items but I only had 1) so I cancelled the transaction on Ebay thinking it would refund 1 of the items & posted the item to the buyer. Unfortunately it had cancelled both items and refunded the whole amount via Paypal so I am out of pocket for the item. The buyer typically is not responding to my requests for payment. Ebay also sent them 1 and advised me to do a chargeback via Paypal. Is this possible or is there another way to get my money back via paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rangers4779,

I'm sorry to hear that the refund that you provided the buyer was a full refund instead of a partial refund. A refund is not able to be canceled or recovered. It would be up to the buyer to send a new payment with the correct amount, and PayPal cannot compel them to do that. I'm sorry to hear that the buyer has not been cooperative.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.