Refund help please

bstmod
Contributor
Contributor

I know this has been asked but I cannot find it now. If a customer requests a refund do I have to refund the amount she paid for shipping as well?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Yes.

Here's a snippet from the User Agreement.

If you receive a payment for selling goods or services that is later refunded or invalidated for any reason, you are responsible for the full amount of the payment sent to you plus any fees (including any applicable chargeback fee described below).  Whenever a transaction is refunded or otherwise reversed, PayPal will refund or reverse the transaction from your PayPal account in the same currency as the original transaction.  If your PayPal balance for a particular currency is insufficient to cover the amount of a refund or reversal, PayPal will perform a currency conversion in order to refund or reverse the transaction, and you will be charged for the currency conversion.

If you refund a payment for good or services, we will retain the fixed fee portion of the fees you paid as the seller.  The buyer’s account will be credited with the full payment amount and the fixed fee portion of the fees you paid as the seller will be deducted from your PayPal account in addition to the amount of the refunded payment.

Note:

What you're not required to do is pay for the postage of the returned item - that's a separate action and is optional for you - some sellers do provide a return shipping option with their items.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.