Refund given, goods not returned

derek29
Contributor
Contributor

Hope this is in the right place.

Hello everybody i am asking this question as most of the results from the forum are old and probably outdated - PayPal themselves say they are old and probably outdated.

I sold an item and the buyer claimed it did not work (it did but he used PayPal who awarded him the refund) anyway that does not matter as there is nothing i can do about it.

I was led to believe when i phoned and spoke to somebody in charge that i would indeed get the item returned before the refund was given and if not open up an appeal either for non return or goods or they are not in the same condition when sent out.

Its covered here in the forums however it is two years  old;

" Good news for sellers, the buyer only has 10 days after opening a claim to provide tracking, and there is an appeal option which when provided evidential facts, the seller can claim the item was not returned in original condition. Sellers are protected against chargebacks when all of the conditions for seller protection have been met to include validated tracking/delivery to exclude Real Estate Transactions, Automobiles, et"

He was refunded on the 26th March 2019 and its now 8th April 2019 so 13 days and no goods returned.

i have tried appealing and the resolution center is blocked with a rotating disc when i select the item that remains a solid circle with a red line through it diagonally so i am sure its blocked at PayPal s end.

So short of wasting my time and phoning PayPal (which i will be doing today) what are my options why can i not "appeal"

He is in the UK as i am and distance is not the problem - £15.00 to return Parcelforce 24 tracked with a number - the item is not counterfeit or fake so what is going on?

Is there some sort of clause that i have missed if PayPal finds against the seller the buyer keeps the goods all £260.00 worth?

I look forward to any advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

derek29
Contributor
Contributor

Derek my friend, i am sure you are beginning to realize that you are going to get no help here from - 23 views of your problem and no reply's - PayPal moderators that could give advice are not interested and have definitely read this so i recommend the following;

Read this topic and you will see that its quite a common problem with PayPal, they are crooks and do not care;

Complaints to PayPal in their handling of disputes

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Managing-Risk-and-Fraud/Complaints-to-PayPal-in-their-handling-o...

Now you will see that its a popular topic for a good reason.

Try phoning PayPal and try to wring the truth out of somebody in charge (Ask for the organ grinder not the monkey) whether their policy in such a dispute results in buyer keeping both the money and the goods, make sure you ask them if buyer has supplied them with a tracking number.

If you get no where with this (and i suspect that's what will happen) then i recommend you take the buyer to a small claims court - you will have to find his address as from what you have told me he collected from Argos in Sainburys and you do not know his exact home address but that should not be too difficult because its close to where he lives guaranteed, he has an unmistakable surname and 192 or some such for a small fee will provide that.

Then go here;

Can I take an ebay buyer to court?

If the link fails or the moderators here edit this (as i am sure they will) then just search for it on line, its MoneyClaimsUK  with the same title Can I take an ebay buyer to court?

collect all the evidence (emails receipts etc and anything else they require make a claim as you have nothing to lose.

He knows full well that he either gives you the money or the goods, he cannot have both after all he pulled the "section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974" on you so you know his is not that stupid but he is going to act that way and plead PayPal never asked him to return and that excuse does not hold any water in the court.

Good luck my friend and i hope you succeed.

I learn very quickly!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

derek29
Contributor
Contributor

Derek my friend, i am sure you are beginning to realize that you are going to get no help here from - 23 views of your problem and no reply's - PayPal moderators that could give advice are not interested and have definitely read this so i recommend the following;

Read this topic and you will see that its quite a common problem with PayPal, they are crooks and do not care;

Complaints to PayPal in their handling of disputes

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Managing-Risk-and-Fraud/Complaints-to-PayPal-in-their-handling-o...

Now you will see that its a popular topic for a good reason.

Try phoning PayPal and try to wring the truth out of somebody in charge (Ask for the organ grinder not the monkey) whether their policy in such a dispute results in buyer keeping both the money and the goods, make sure you ask them if buyer has supplied them with a tracking number.

If you get no where with this (and i suspect that's what will happen) then i recommend you take the buyer to a small claims court - you will have to find his address as from what you have told me he collected from Argos in Sainburys and you do not know his exact home address but that should not be too difficult because its close to where he lives guaranteed, he has an unmistakable surname and 192 or some such for a small fee will provide that.

Then go here;

Can I take an ebay buyer to court?

If the link fails or the moderators here edit this (as i am sure they will) then just search for it on line, its MoneyClaimsUK  with the same title Can I take an ebay buyer to court?

collect all the evidence (emails receipts etc and anything else they require make a claim as you have nothing to lose.

He knows full well that he either gives you the money or the goods, he cannot have both after all he pulled the "section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974" on you so you know his is not that stupid but he is going to act that way and plead PayPal never asked him to return and that excuse does not hold any water in the court.

Good luck my friend and i hope you succeed.

I learn very quickly!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.