Refund dispute tracking information proof of postage

Amelia15
New Community Member
A buyer from Depop recently opened a dispute as they hadn’t received an item I sent. I sent them proof of postage but on the PayPal dispute I’m not able to provide that and it is only asking for a tracking number which I can’t provide as the seller didn’t ask or pay for this type of shipping as it is extra - how can I give proof of postage to prove to PayPal and depop I sent the item - and how can I contact PayPal about this issue?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amelia15 

In the event of an item not received then you have to provide trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer OR you would lose the dispute and have to refund.

Proof of postage is just proof that you posted it and not that they received it.

You don't have to send trackable but its at your own risk if you do not do so and not the buyers, so you don't let the buyer choose which way they want the item sent, they will always choose the cheapest as you would have to refund if it does not turn up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.