Refund agreed, purchaser not returning item

MissSmith80
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve agreed a refund for an item I sold using PayPal goods and services. The purchaser said that item wasn’t as described so asked for a partial refund, I declined partial refund as I believe the item was described and priced appropriately. I therefore agreed a full refund, something didn’t feel right so I asked the purchaser to send me proof of posting at which point I will refund her. It’s been 3 weeks and several messages to chase them, all that has been said is that they don’t have the time to package it and get to the post office. How long do I leave it before I can decline a refund on the grounds that the purchaser has not returned the item to me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MissSmith80 

Well then personally i would just state you will refund on return of item, if they don't return then don't respond or refund.

Leave it up to the buyer to open a dispute if they want to as if / when paypal find in their favour they will be told to return the item back to you trackable first before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MissSmith80 

You haven't said if this is a dispute/claim opened and if so at what stage OR if its a privately messaged and offered refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MissSmith80
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, no dispute opened - we agreed the refund through Facebook messages. Should I open a dispute because the item has not been returned? (But I have not refunded either)
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MissSmith80 

Well then personally i would just state you will refund on return of item, if they don't return then don't respond or refund.

Leave it up to the buyer to open a dispute if they want to as if / when paypal find in their favour they will be told to return the item back to you trackable first before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MissSmith80
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.