Refund Cancelled- No money or item

EBailey123
New Community Member

Hi, so I have a case open with regards to getting a refund for some trainers that I have not received. When I initially asked for the refund he said yes but then proceeded to cancel the refund. I opened a case with PayPal and it is still ongoing but it said that its been adjusted as the seller has offered me a refund. I have checked today and the second refund has been cancelled. Quite frankly I am out of pocket for £270 and have been messed about by the seller for over a month now. I need it to be sorted out as I need this money as I am now unemployed. PayPal seem to not be doing a lot and I feel let down by Buyers Protection as I thought this would have been sorted by now.

Amount: £270.40

I have also tried to contact the buyer personally and he has not replied to me and his account has been terminated so I cannot message him. I have screenshots of all of the conversations between us and I also have details of the payment.

I am really not happy with the service as I have provided enough evidence to prove I am in the right and he is in the wrong however I feel PayPal is working against me. If I don’t have the product and yet he is still able to cancel the refunds which I don’t understand. Please could this be sorted

The Initial Payment was on the 28th February.The first refund got initiated on the 2nd of March. However, this was cancelled. I then opened a dispute with PayPal on 13th of March.  However, it says its been adjusted and the seller has given me a full refund but its not in my PayPal Balance or bank account and the second refund has also been cancelled.

I would like some reassurance/ update on how this is being handled and when I can expect a FULL refund in my account. Thanks Evan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Icydog
New Community Member

I have a similar product.  I ordered toilet paper from a Chinese Company on March 17th. I looked the order over, and saw the seller was in China and could not deliver the toilet paper in the week they promised. Within 10 minutes I realized this was a scam.
So I contacted the seller who said my order was already in progress.  I contacted PayPal immediately and issued a a fraud alert.  PayPal replied that the order was legitimate and closed the case.  
I then filed a claim for non delivery. Meanwhile, the Chinese company  sent a “supposed” tracking number through China Express to PayPal.   Of course that tracking number from China Express only says that they received the paperwork and not the product.  

I know this is a bogus company and what they are going to do is close up shop and leave me $85 poorer.  And PayPal has done nothing.  Right now my case has an expiration date of April 10th (it’s April 8th today) and I know on April 10th PayPal will close the case and kiss me goodbye.  No resolution and no refund all because they would not address the scam when  I told them about it 10 minutes after I made payment through PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.