Receiving unsolicited payments into our Paypal account

MDI_Mick
Contributor
Contributor

Over the last few days we have received a number of payments direct into our Paypal account.

These are not from customers of ours and sometimes in other currencies than what we charge in.

Is this a scam whereby in a few weeks / months they ask us to refund the payment and then try and claim the original payment back too? Some of these are cancelled before we even see them but there has been a significant increase in the last few days.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MDI_Mick,

I'm sorry to hear that you've received unsolicited payments. If this happens, it's best to refund the payment right away through the transaction details. Do not send a separate payment to the sending address, or the fraud that you described can take place. Refunding the payment right away prevents the possibility of chargebacks, as well.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.