Receiving money

shoeminerz
New Community Member

If you are going to be sending and receiving large amounts of money for something like high profile sneakers, do you need to tell PayPal about this. I have heard that if lots of money comes in and goes out over a short period of time they treat itas fraud and suspend your account. Is this right?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shoeminerz wrote:

If you are going to be sending and receiving large amounts of money for something like high profile sneakers, do you need to tell PayPal about this. I have heard that if lots of money comes in and goes out over a short period of time they treat itas fraud and suspend your account. Is this right?

Well, eventually, PayPal is going to ask what it is you're doing. They'll ask for documents. They're just not going to let you just do whatever. High value items draw scams and PayPal is all about reducing risk and also checking their customers to make sure things are legit. If they feel you are a risk and can't provide docs, yes, your account would be in danger of getting permanently suspended and giving you the you can no longer use PayPal and the 180 days to withdraw email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shoeminerz wrote:

Well, eventually, PayPal is going to ask what it is you're doing. They'll ask for documents. They're just not going to let you just do whatever. High value items draw scams and PayPal is all about reducing risk and also checking their customers to make sure things are legit. If they feel you are a risk and can't provide docs, yes, your account would be in danger of getting permanently suspended and giving you the you can no longer use PayPal and the 180 days to withdraw email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.