Questions on payment through family and friends.

Dwave123
New Community Member

I am aware there is no buyer or seller protection on that payment option. However the buyer is claiming he will be buying through a verified business account and through his PayPal balance. I understand this can not be charged back. Although, how will I know if buyer sends money using PayPal balance or credit card. I am trying to avoid chargeback fees from credit card. Upon payment completion.. does the receipt include information saying it came from his PayPal balance or credit card? Sorry I'm new

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dwave123

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way. You are NEVER told how a buyer 'funds' their paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dwave123
New Community Member
I though I replied but it appears it didn't go through. But to reiterate and clarify. If I receive a payment through this option. There is no way to verify through PayPal if buyer funds purchase with credit card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dwave123

Did you miss my last sentence?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.