Question about sending stuff out as a merchant

Hoot4Loot
Contributor
Contributor
Hey everyone, I am trying to sell something and the buyer has apparently sent me money. I do not see it on my PayPal account yet. I was told it was immediately put into the account once sent. Is there a wait time after receiving an email for how long it's supposed to show up on PayPal? I didn't click any links or send anything yet. When sending stuff does PayPal ask that you email them the tracking number? Thanks for any information you can give me.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Hoot4Loot
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I do plan on having a tracking number everytime. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hoot4Loot 

Payments generally go through fairly instantly except when it is under review by PayPal, once it has finished review which takes up to 72 hrs, PayPal will forward payment to your account.

Best practice is to always check your PayPal account for the transaction and funds first before shipping.

When you use PayPal Shipping, an email with the tracking number is automatically sent to the buyer and entered into the transaction.

If you don't use PayPal Shipping, it's not required that you give the buyer the tracking number but is it good selling practice to so buyer knows their item is own it's way and when to expect delivery and make plans to accept delivery.

At the same time, if you want to get your funds sooner should the payment be subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold, its recommended that you enter the tracking number in the PayPal transaction details so PayPal can confirm delivery with courier and release funds or otherwise wait up to 21 days for payment to be released and available for your use.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Hoot4Loot
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome, thanks so much! That was a lot of extremely helpful information. 😀
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hoot4Loot 

You're welcome. 🙂

Also having a tracking number is helpful to protect oneself, if the buyer files an Item Not Received dispute, but again this is not required if you intend to accept full liability for non-delivery.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Hoot4Loot
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I do plan on having a tracking number everytime. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.