Protection against refunding buyers

HontoniBanana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have recently started an online business that sells digital goods, previously, due to my lack of experience, payment was rather informal as buyers would send the payment to me directly with no notes or receipt attached. And because of this, I had technically been "scammed", as buyers had started refunding the payment even though they had received their goods. So I started taking precautions and had new buyers send the payment with terms and conditions under the notes section, the notes sent were something along the lines of "I had received the goods and will not refund".

However my question here is, would this really work? As the reason given by PayPal/bank when I lost the previous few disputes was "I did not provide tracking number", but my business is online and no need for any physical shipment thus tracking number. Or should I use other payment methods?

And also, I had done some research and found out that a buyer can refund payment within 6 months, how can I protect myself from all my previous buyer from refunding? Am I able to delete my current PayPal and start a new..? Any suggestion would help! Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.