Protect my orders from fraud and unauthorized transactions

amiroud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal community,

I need help determining if it is safe to ship some orders. 

We received 6 orders from the same PayPal users in a short time frame (2 days) and it is not a typical behavior of our customers so I would like to verify if we are going to be protected against unauthorized transaction fraud/chargeback from this buyer. I haven't shipped yet and I would appreciate your feedback.

The first 2 orders are addressed to one address with the same buyer name, the next two orders are addressed to different addressees with people of the same last name as the buyer and the in close proximity of the first address (same city almost same zip code), then 12 hours later, 2 more orders came addressed to the buyers address. So in total 3 address.

I captured the transactions and I can see now under Seller protection "Eligible" and "OK to ship to" and the address is Confirmed, "the sender of this payment is Unverified"

After reading some answers here it seems the best action is to NOT combine orders and ship them individually as they arrived with Signature Required. Anything else I can do? Have you encountered similar scenario. 

I've using PayPal for more than a year and this is the first type this occurs here. I had a bad experience with Visa/MasterCard processed via Braintree and got big chargebacks several months ago. 

I just wanted to make sure from you if it is safe to ship as this is the firs time we encounter this on PayPal.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.