Problem with customs and PayPal decision

SevenStars
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I sent packages to Indonesia to my customer. Packages are from about month in customs office and probably customer need to pay fees etc. I sent all information to PayPal with tracking numbers and screen shots. Customer made a claim because he don’t received packages... PayPal closed the case and refund all money to customer... I think it’s really unfair and against the law, because packages are still in customs office and waiting for fees etc. please help me

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SevenStars 

Hopefully if fees not paid then the items should be returned to you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SevenStars
Contributor
Contributor
But packages are almost 2 months in customs office... and tracking shows that they are still in Indonesia... no info about refund
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SevenStars 

If it does't get picked up by the buyer, it'll be returned to you eventually. If the buyer does pick up the item, tracking should show this and you can appeal the case and give the tracking number showing delivery.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SevenStars
Contributor
Contributor
But this is really unfair... why I must refund all money if he don’t pay taxes for package? So maybe I can also order something and tell PayPal that I don’t get package? They will refund me money and then I go to customs, pay taxes and they give me my package... so I’ll have item almost for free. In PayPal is only buyer protection... nothing more.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.