Preventing Chargeback

hpt1989
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm working as a product tester and pay for the product at first, then I will test it and then the company will refund the money that I paid for the product (+ some extra fee, sometimes), but recently I found some companies send me money in different way that PayPal shows a Shield 🛡 sing close to the purchase info and also wrote PURCHASE PROTECTION Now I am wondering if they can chargebacks the money later or not? You know, I am worried about some kind of fraud that maybe these companies want to do.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi hpt1989, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. The buyer's credit card issuer grants its members specific consumer protection which PayPal has no authority to replace or reduce. If a PayPal user initiates a chargeback with their credit card company we have no way of stopping the claim. I would recommend reviewing the Seller Protection Policy offered by PayPal to see if the service you are offering is covered - https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/seller-protection

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.