Potential buyer becoming stressed saying I am being difficult over address

frugleflu
Contributor
Contributor

I could have potentially sold an item to someone i met on a forum, the item is nearly £400 inclusive of shipping from the UK to the US, he has said and even now being somewhat abrupt because as he puts itWell if you are unwilling to ship to my repair people named and at (name hidden) .  Then I guess we have nothing else to discuss.  Paypal does NOT require you ship to my home address!  You can ship anywhere in the world with no problem from paypal.  YOU have made this so very difficult for a simple transaction.  I give up! I am old and very very tired"

Whilst I would do everything in my power to have a happy buyer anywhere I'm really not in a position top take any risks, i do everything by the book else no deal. And advice very welcome. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@frugleflu 

He could add a 'gift address' to his paypal account and select that on checkout to pay so you have seller protection.

BUT its a lot of money to risk on a transaction that is already a tad worrying.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

frugleflu
Contributor
Contributor

So am I right with asking that I send to his address as opposed to another? it is just that he categorically states that Paypal do not insist upon it, i would like a confirmation if possible, who is right and who is wrong?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@frugleflu 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_UK

11.6 Eligibility Requirements

What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?

You must meet all of these requirements to be covered:

1. The transaction is not ineligible under section 11.10.
  2. The transaction must be marked by PayPal as eligible or partially eligible for PayPal seller protection on your Account “Transaction Details” page. If it is marked eligible, protection for both Unauthorised Payments and Item Not Received will apply. If it is marked partially eligible, protection for only Item Not Received will apply.
  3. For tangible items, post the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page. If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.