Possibly fraud

korinapumps69
Contributor
Contributor

The story begins when the buyer had bought this item with the Paypal transaction ID from my Ebay Store and payed. OK.

I sent to her the item. After 1 week from the date that the shipping service had delivered she emailed me through Ebay message system that the item was never delivered by her and someone else had signed & collected instead of her and that I was liable to refund her.

I didn't accept that telling her that she should contact in written or by email her Post office.

She finally opened an Ebay case and she lost that case as I proved that she had received of the item.

After 40 days the same buyer opened this Paypal case regarding the same Paypal transaction ID claiming now that the same item

is not as described.

The buyer, of course, never contacted me on Paypal or at my email to tell me that the item was not as described and how we could settle it.

The case is still under review. I sent to the Paypal all of the documents

proves that the buyer is clearly abuses the whole dispute and refund system.

2 days after my explanations to Resolution Center, Paypal did a chargeback and debited my account also with a chargeback fee

after buyer's financial institution's request.

Is there any logic on that?

If Paypal accept buyer's allegations without any proof rewarding in a manner to proceed on chargebacks

what's the meaning of the opened reviewing cases into the Resolution Center?

I sent on today my complaints and my arguments to Paypal asking from them to explain me why they have proceed to such a practice like this.

I would be very appreciated having member's thoughts, advises and opinions by your experience on this issue.

Best regards,

Aris

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@korinapumps69 

Guess thats every credit card issuers reputation then as its done via them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@korinapumps69 

A chargeback is not a paypal dispute, it is done directly via the buyers credit card company as they must have funded their paypal payment via a credit card.

That card company and not paypal make all the decisions and if they find in favour of their client they never tell them to send items back they just award a refund AND you get charged the card companies processing fees unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

korinapumps69
Contributor
Contributor

I see that this process has agreed and commited to be automatically done between Paypal and financial institutions that issues buyer's cards.

The problem, far more than my case, is that many imposters could be "born" since they would have been able to claim any time that they received a item not described without proofs and filling in Paypal with their credit card banks or companies or issuers they finally get their money back keeping the items, too, especially when Paypal passes to the buyer's financial institution the liabillity to judge the case.

Believe me, this is something very undermining as it concerns Paypal's reputation as this practice doesn't provides any cover to the seller leaving him totally unprotected in case he would be an imposter's target, in any time.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@korinapumps69 

Guess thats every credit card issuers reputation then as its done via them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.