Possible Fraud?

tjohnson985
New Community Member

I sold an item to a guy for $750, and I received an email from paypal which the I have received emails from paypal with the exact email saying that I needed to provide the tracking information to for the money to clear my account.  So I shipped the item and I sent the tracking info to that email address and then received an email from <removed> saying that it would take up to 48 hours for the $750 to clear.  After two days I received an email from <removed> and said that the full amount couldn't clear because I don't have a business account, and that I should get a hold of the buyer and have him deposit an additional $400 to my account so my credit will be bumped up and make my account a business account.  The buyer got a hold of me through text message before I could get a hold of him and he asked if I got the same email and I said yes.  He said he would deposit the extra $400 to my account, and he did.  Then we both agreed that I would send $400 worth of steam giftcards  and send it to <removed> and then my account would be credited $1,250 ($100 extra because of compensation fee?).  Before I buy these gift cards is this legit?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.