Please tell me whether its fake or not

HoKongKuen
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I was making a deal with a buyer. He wanted to buy my virtual item in game and I decided to send him the item which has 15 days trade hold. He then made a payment to me with 15 days hold as well so that we can receive what we want at the same time. Is a 15 days hold payment exist? I also received an invoice sent by him in my PayPal notification. People said its fake but the invoice really shows up in my PayPal and said its non refundable. Is that mean I can receive the money after the hold passed? Please help
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HoKongKuen 

If it was marked as an invoice then its probably a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.
Signs its a scam are >>>
its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HoKongKuen
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the screenshots. I would like to know whether it is scam or not. As you said invoice are scams but just to let you double check. Thank you http://imgur.com/fU8uV7A <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HoKongKuen 

Sorry don't click on links on here.

But as i said only sellers can send invoices and buyers pay them, if you have not sent him an invoice then he can't pay one.

There is no 15 day hold.

Lastly if it mentions any of the things i posted above then its a scam........ESPECIALLY if there are no funds in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.