Please Help I Have Proof The Item Was Received And He Still Got Refunded !!

specter4
Contributor
Contributor

7/31 Payment received $450
8/2 Item shipped USPS with $400 insurance, payment was sent f&f, received no address from his payment. Had to confirm via text.
8/7 ITEM DELIVERED

8/8 Paypal claim started
8/15 Submitted tracking and proof of contact and delivery, BUYER STATING ITEM RECEIVED and was stolen
8/19 Item Not Received Case resolved in favor of THE BUYER
8/19 Contacted Paypal management
8/19 Case Reopened, told I can submit additional info, like screenshots of the address he sent me and that he attempted to even get the case resolved in my favor
8/19 Still unable to submit any further info

Kim was very helpful but I believe I reached the limit of her abilities here. PLEASE HELP. I am out $400 of product and $450 cash. Plus a $15 dispute fee. I also need to submit additional screenshots of him sending his address and claiming to have it resolved in my favor to my case ID PP-D-122294434 But there is nowhere to do so. Attached is all the evidence PLEASE HELP

imageb0.png

image0.pngimage1(1).pngimage2(1).pngimage2.jpeg

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

specter4
Contributor
Contributor
You are literally the reason i hate this service and am not using it again after this interaction. I honestly didn’t know that , Ugh *You Quote* ‘My seller protection being negated’ , Meant that paypal had the right to side with a thief And you’re defending both of them instead of offering any sort of solution at all beyond Do Dis Next Time, condescendingly, and it’s really annoying to me and a lot of others here, and i barely even know you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@specter4 

Sorry you don't like the facts, you did negate your seller protection by accepting a friends/family payment.

So what? You are saying I should not give you the facts so you are aware of that?

Would you prefer I say yes you are completely right and should have won the case when that information would have been incorrect???

I have given others the same information and in over 15 years on here you are the only one that has not liked being told those facts.

Most posters say ''didn't know that, thanks for letting me know''.

Most equally put it down to a learning curve and blame themselves for their error.

Whether you use the service or not matters to me not one jot, I just posted to try and explain WHY you lost the dispute and WHY you were not covered by seller protection.  Paypal didn't side with anyone, they are the middleman and give 'some buyer' and 'some seller' protection, its up to you to read it so you can risk assess your transactions, sadly you didn't bother.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

If the buyer stopped payment via his credit card company, that is criminal fraud. However, that is not what Paypal claimed in their notice to the seller. The claim of the buyer is the item was never delivered--which has never been disputed by the buyer to Paypal. If the buyer's credit card company refused payment, then Paypal must tell the seller that fact. That opens the buyer to criminal fraud charges if the seller chooses to file a complaint with the police. That knowledge would tell the seller the buyer knowingly committed the crime and would permit him to involve law enforcement. Right now, the seller is left to believe the problem is with Paypal when the non-payment was the result of the buyer's lies to his credit card company.

The f&f issue is a non-issue because it is irrelevant. The package was delivered. It was stolen from the buyer's residence after it was delivered. That, by definition, is home burglary, nothing more. Paypal does not cover burglary from the buyer's residence.

Login to Me Too

specter4
Contributor
Contributor

and, all my screenshots are bugged, i cant reupload them, how would this situation not encourage me to use other payment services?? I thought I knew the guy and covered my bases and am still totally unable to communicate with a single competent person able to help me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@specter4 

No one can help you because you chose not to read up on seller protection before you accepted paypal for selling and so negated your own seller protection.

Unfortunate but now you know you can stop it happening again or choose not to use paypal, up to you.

As a seller myself I have made mistakes, but I blamed myself for them, learned, and moved on.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

specter4
Contributor
Contributor
You have mentioned Seller Protection in Every Single post you made. It is absolutely plausible deniability of evidence. So Yes Thank You for confirming at least that much i’ve been using paypal for twelve years for personal payments, never had an issue up till this point, and assumed i’d be able to reach someone competent here or within internal management with an ability to understand my situation, but i haven’t, you think you understand my situation, but you are ignoring most of the details to focus on one aspect you don’t like. And using it as leverage to justify theft.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@specter4 

You have proven you do not understand or agree to comply with the terms of seller protection but you want a refund under that protection, never going to be guaranteed that that will happen.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

specter4
Contributor
Contributor
Why do you keep saying i want a refund He got the refund not me, I shipped the item with tracking and insurance within the agreed time frame, and He got the refund, what is actually wrong with you.
Login to Me Too

specter4
Contributor
Contributor
Why should Seller Protection cover any part of this at all it shouldn’t have anything to do with this investigation. It should be completely separate. But you literally thrive on the term seller protection and cannot make a single post without mentioning it
Login to Me Too

specter4
Contributor
Contributor
If I was the one demanding anything than a protection would be valid but he had no protection either so it’s totally irrelevant and only factual evidence should be considered which it HAS NOT so now WHATS YOUR EXCUSE
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.