Please Help I Have Proof The Item Was Received And He Still Got Refunded !!

specter4
Contributor
Contributor

7/31 Payment received $450
8/2 Item shipped USPS with $400 insurance, payment was sent f&f, received no address from his payment. Had to confirm via text.
8/7 ITEM DELIVERED

8/8 Paypal claim started
8/15 Submitted tracking and proof of contact and delivery, BUYER STATING ITEM RECEIVED and was stolen
8/19 Item Not Received Case resolved in favor of THE BUYER
8/19 Contacted Paypal management
8/19 Case Reopened, told I can submit additional info, like screenshots of the address he sent me and that he attempted to even get the case resolved in my favor
8/19 Still unable to submit any further info

Kim was very helpful but I believe I reached the limit of her abilities here. PLEASE HELP. I am out $400 of product and $450 cash. Plus a $15 dispute fee. I also need to submit additional screenshots of him sending his address and claiming to have it resolved in my favor to my case ID PP-D-122294434 But there is nowhere to do so. Attached is all the evidence PLEASE HELP

imageb0.png

image0.pngimage1(1).pngimage2(1).pngimage2.jpeg

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

andro3
New Community Member
I can help you
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

UPS delivered per the directions they received. So Paypal should not charge you for the customer's lack of security. You need proof from the person who saw the package being stolen, but that is going to be very difficult to get, IMO. The buyer's home insurance should pay the costs, not you. But the buyer might have a deductible he has to absorb, so this way he gets all his money at your expense. One option is to consider filing civil and criminal fraud claims against the buyer. Probably not worth the cost, but your choice. Start by filing a criminal complaint of theft by fraud with your local police. Then see if they will send it to the appropriate local (to the buyer) police. No idea what might happen after that.

Login to Me Too

uhhhhidk
Contributor
Contributor

I mean, you got insurance, and that's what it's for. In terms of ebay purchases, if the buyer doesn't receive the goods, they don't have to pay them, and that's kind of a staple of online selling. I buy insurance on all transactions over $100, so make your claim to the post office and retrieve your money that way. Paypal isn't going to double you up and pay you $ on top of the insurance claim.

Login to Me Too

specter4
Contributor
Contributor
The buyer already initiated the insurance claim. I have not heard back from USPS. Last time i filed a claim, it was as the recipient and i was credited directly which i can also assume will happen in this case. Regardless should paypal totally disregard blatant evidence??
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal ignores most evidence until it is rubbed in their nose. You have the "it was stolen after it was delivered" notice by the customer, so THAT goes to Paypal first. Then they have to figure out what they did wrong AGAIN.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryab2 

@specter4 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Your response makes no sense. Please try again if  you have something to add.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryab2 

Makes perfect sense, if you can't understand then get someone to explain it to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Where/when did ANYONE claim a "friend/relative" was doing or trying anything on behalf of someone else?

The purpose of *this site* is to provide potential help--from many others with more relevant/applicable knowledge and experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.